Sunday, January 18, 2009

A new addition to my collection


Image copyright Mark Haglund

Closeup of boats. Copyright Mark Haglund

Happy Sunday everyone. Hope you are all enjoying a warmer weekend than what has been sitting around here for temps lately. It is nice to be finally above zero! Anyways, I am so excited about a new piece that I have added to my collection of fellow artists. At least I will be when I am able to pick it up at the end of Feb, when the show comes down. The piece itself is titled "Boats in Nice, France" by Mark Haglund and is beautifully framed in a copper colored frame. It really brings out the colors of the buildings. I first saw the painting a few weeks ago when I was taking some of my art out of the Elk River Art Gallery and he was starting to hang his show. Its funny how you can tell sometimes right away that you love a piece. For me, I saw it but didn't do anything about it at the time until yesterday when I went over to the gallery to see how the show came together. Well as you can tell by the post, It went well and I ended up getting it. So, if you happen to be in the Elk River area before the end of February, I would say go check out the show at the Elk River Arts gallery and see the great paintings that he and Roxanne Current have up. It is definitely worth a visit. The gallery info is as follows

Elk River Arts Gallery
716 Main Street
Elk River, MN

Show runs through Feb 28
Gallery hours: Thurs-Sat 12-6

2 comments:

Nina Crittenden said...

The painting is nice. I hear Nice is nice.....

Janets Planet said...

I like the painting. Am drawn to boats for some reason.