Saturday, February 9, 2008

Arts in Harmony show

The cold is upon us once again here in Minnesota. Since it is an easy decision to stay inside where it is warm, I have been taking advantage of the time and working away in the studio on the new children's book project I have. Children's books I have found are a lot of fun to work on since you get to come up with the characters, the flow of how the book looks visually and also the final look and feel of the book when it is done. But the one thing that always presents itself in these ventures is the sheer amount of time that it takes to make sure that everything comes out just right. But when you find that path and the look that is to be done, it is so worth the time that it takes to see the outcome of all that work. Soon I will be able to start showing you that outcome as I get a little further in the development of the book itself.



In other news, I will be attending the opening reception and awards presentation tomorrow for the Elk River Arts Alliance Arts in Harmony show at the Sherburne County Goverment Center in Elk River. It is going to be a lot of fun to get out and see all of the amazing art that was juried into the show and to see the competition there is. Hopefully my painting "Richland County, ND" will do well. The reception is Sunday from 1-3:30pm. If you happen to be in the area, feel free to stop by and check out all of the great work.

4 comments:

Janets Planet said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress. That Elk River Arts Alliance seems like a very active group. I like the name for their fair -- Art Soup.

Cynthia said...

Same here, Shawn! I have a friend who illustrates and even writes children's book and it certainly seems like a labor of love.

Good luck with your painting - I hope it fares well!

Shawn McCann said...

Thanks Janet. I am looking forward to showing you guys the images as well. But have to get the concepting finished before that. As for Elk River arts Alliance, they are great. They really make sure that the neighborhood and area gets a great amount of the arts experience. Hopefully I will be able to be involved in more of their activities.

Shawn McCann said...

Thanks Cynthia. Sorry it has taken so long to comment. I have been quite ill lately and the studio work has been lacking because of it. But I am slowly on the mend and am looking forward to pushing on with the children's book. Have a great weekend and look forward to checking out your blog again soon.