Sunday, February 17, 2008

Couple of great books for illustrators



As I am constantly looking for the newly updated books that are must haves for my art, I occasionally run into or am introduced to a new book that sparks my curiousity. One of those such books is titled "Artist to Artist: 23 Major Illustrators Talk to Children about Their Art" and was introduced to it at the last CBIG meeting that I attended. It is a book that benefits The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art and has some great artists that have contributed to the book including Maurice Sendak, Chris Van Allsburg, and Leo Lionni to name a few.



Another book that I just got is an update to the previous edition. It is the Graphic Artists Guild 12th edition of the Pricing and Ethical guidelines Handbook. This is a great book due to its in depth overview of the pricing in todays market of illustration. It helps with not only pricing but all the legal questions that usually arise within the market. This is truely a valuable book if you are an illustrator. I highly recommend it.

No comments: