Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy belated Thanksgiving

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful time with your family and friends. I know I had a great time up in Wahpeton with my parents, sister and brother in law, and my grandparents. It is always fun to see the family and was surprised at how warm it was for the end of Nov. I think they hit 41 on Friday which is way warmer that they are supposed to be. Usually there is snow up there by now, but I am not complaining :). Anyways, I just wanted to say how Thankful I am of all the great things that I have been blessed with this year and am hoping that things will continue to go the same for the following. As you can see by the picture above, it was worthy of a toast that the next year will be as fruitful as the next. Thanks to my grandpa Delmer for the great shot!



So to continue on that note about thankfulness, I wanted to send Susie a thanks for giving me a shout out on the Kare 11 news this morning. She was featured on there with "The Sick Bug" book and did a great job of mentioning the artwork! You can check out the video from the Kare 11 morning show by clicking here PS, if you are having trouble seeing it, click on the small text below image. So with that I will leave you with a little bit of other news. If you happen to be near Ridgedale mall tomorrow in Minnetonka, be sure to stop by the Barnes and Noble next to Target as Susie and I will be signing books from 10-12pm and say hi. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend and may your holiday seasons be full of fun and friends!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on the coverage, Shawn! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving, too!

Nina Crittenden said...

Sorry we missed you yesterday- hope you had a great turnout at B&N! The KARE 11 spot was great- your illustrations looked fabulous!

Shawn McCann said...

Thanks Christina. Coverage is never a bad thing! Hope your thanksgiving went well as well.

Shawn McCann said...

Thanks a bunch Nina. B&N was a great turnout. Hopefully this weekend at Auntie Ems and the MIA will be as good

Nina Crittenden said...

You are going to Auntie Em's?
Give my best to Dorothy!

Shawn McCann said...

I will be sure to do that Nina