Sunday, November 23, 2008

My trip home and a prime placement

Happy weekend everybody. Hope you have been enjoying some fun activities and are being fairly productive. Things here are moving along pretty well. I have been illustrating away on the book that I am getting closer and closer to finishing up. if all goes well, then I should be done a week from Monday barring any setbacks.





So it has also been a pretty crazy few days from a event standpoint as well. Thursday I enjoyed a quick trip back home to Wahpeton, ND and was glad to see so many people that I haven't seen in a while. I even managed to stop and take a couple of photos of the famous worlds largest catfish. Pretty exciting I know. Then Susie and I met up and did a book signing at the MInnetonka Barnes and Noble for the Gatewood book festival on Friday evening. There were a lot of kids there and were able to collaboratively come up with some unique "bug" sketches. All I have to say is kids' imaginations are never lacking! We also noticed that "The Sick Bug" made it to the wall of "prime". It was really great to see the book facing on the wall there (usually it is visible only be the spine) on the side shelves.



Finally I was so proud that I actually spent some time and found the floor again in the studio. It hadn't been cleaned in a while and was looking pretty crazy so I thought I would take a picture before it was gone again.

5 comments:

Nina Crittenden said...

I just can't get over that giant catfish- what a riot! Kudos to you, the Sick Bug, and finding the floor in your studio!

Shawn McCann said...

Isn't it crazy Nina. Its like the size of a bus! What is even better is my senior class picture was taken there with 180 fellow classmates. Nothing says senior picture like a giant catfish!

Janets Planet said...

There is the worlds largest Musky in Hayward, Wis (I do believe -- one of those up north towns).

Congrats on all the good things happening. Sounds like lots to be Thankful for.

Shawn McCann said...

Thanks Janet. If I am ever in the area I will have to check it out. It is fun to see all of the "world's largest" sculptures here in the midwest. Must be a northern thing. And yes, I do have much to be thankful this season.

Nicole said...

And when you're building your itinerary, don't forget Minnesota's largest...

Deer - Deerwood
Walleye - Rush City
Hockey Stick - Eveleth
Bobber - Pequot Lakes

It's scary I can pull those off the top of my head. Guess I've been in MN too long. Congrats on the prime placement!