Monday, April 20, 2009

Back to the grind

After recklessly enjoying a week off last week in the sun during a deadline, I am back to the grind in the studio. Even though it was a lot of time away from the paints, I think it actually did me good to get away and refocus a little bit. I find myself more energetic and excited to dig in and get this book project complete (which is due in like 3 weeks). The illustration that you see is one from the book titled "A Path to Forgiveness". It is going to be so much fun to see it all come together these last three weeks and can't wait to show you more as I am able to! Until then, enjoy this piece and check back soon for other little sneak peaks

8 comments:

Amy Vasterling said...

Nice work Shawn! Sounds like you had a fun/relaxing trip to AZ and WOW on the Chihuly garden!!!

Shawn McCann said...

Thanks Amy. It was a great trip to AZ and had such a fun time in the sun! As for Chihuly, there are not words that could describe how great the exhibit was. I will have to see where his next big installation is and check that out as well! Thanks for visiting and hope you have a great rest of the week

Nina Crittenden said...

Glad you are feeling rested and refreshed! Good luck in the next 3 weeks!

Sharon Wagner said...

The pictures at the Chihuly were very cool, travel is always inspiring for me. Good luck with your deadline.

Shawn McCann said...

Thanks Nina. It should be good to get things rolling!

Shawn McCann said...

Thanks Sharon. I appreciate the luck! Hopefully will see you at CBIG tomorrow

Anonymous said...

I'm glad AZ helped recharge those batteries, Shawn. Good luck in your final push to meet your deadline!

Shawn McCann said...

Thanks Christina. It was great seeing you at the meeting on Sat!