Monday, March 12, 2007

Layout of another painting


Even though I just started the painting yesterday of the Lake Pepin area, I wanted to start getting more of the groundwork done on the other paintings that need to be finished in the next couple of months. I have found it is better to know the full scope of all that needs to be done than focus on just one piece at a time. I am thinking that I will get at least 3 or 4 more started this week as well. Probably smaller ones though, around 16 x 20. The one on top is of a cliff near the apache trail that was really interesting with its movement and lines and the bottom is of the Kolb studio that still needs attention. I also have been very pleased with the new oil paints that I had gotten from the Jack Richeson company. They are the Daniel Greene Oils and am really impressed with how far they reach and the brillance of the color. I would definitely recommend them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In order to capture the real beauty of the cliffs in apache trail, I think you need to surround yourself in the real thing and not just looking at a picture taken from a camera. I think I know a person that could provide living arraignments very close to there.

Anonymous said...

Of course it could be just temporary arraignments if needed. It was about 90 degrees in Scottsdale today so it is good weather for painting.

Shawn McCann said...

Dear Scottsdale Cop.

I appreciate the fact that you have arraingments(arrangements) available for the arts. It would definitely be a nice break from the snow showers we had here and be in the 90's there. I will definitely have to look into it further!!!