Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Thoughts and prayers

Not very often will I stray from the usual rantings and mentions of my art, but tonights events here in Minneapolis warrant it. As most of you probably have seen over the news stations tonight, the main interstate bridge crossing over the Mississippi river collapsed tonight. As a bridge that I have used on an everyday basis for years, it was so surreal to look at the television and know that i was just there a day ago. What else can I say other than my thoughts and prayers go out to all the families and people involved.

3 comments:

Janets Planet said...

I know I will be watching alot of tv in the next few day.

Yeah, surreal. I used to drive on the freeways in Oakland CA, the double decked ones that collapsed in the earthquake.

Prayers for everyone.

Cynthia said...

I watched the news last night and thought of you and your family immediately.

I knew I had to check in on you this am to make sure that you're okay.

I'm glad that you are, but am heartsick for all the family's with loved ones who aren't.

I've driven this bridge many a time when I lived in Minneapolis.

Shawn McCann said...

Thank you Janet and Cynthia for your thoughts. I know it is going to be quite awhile before Minneapolis recovers from this. It is amazing though how many people were able to escape with just minor injuries.