Sunday, July 15, 2007

ArtWatch 2007

Another great event has come and gone. I can't tell you how much fun I have had over the last 4 days at ArtWatch. Being able to work around so many other artists and friends was truly a treat. Especially with fellow bloggers Janet Nelson and Terry Howell Stanley. The artist who was on my left side was a nice surprise as well with fellow MIA employee Mike Judy. And to make things better, my parents came in from North Dakota to check out the gala event last night as well! Overall the atmosphere was one of intense creativity and lots of exciting and varied styles of art. The piece that I tackled for the event was a image of the Minnesota State Fair. I wanted a piece that would keep me occupied and challenged throughout and was very pleased with the effort for only having worked on it for 8 hours. I had a little more time than that, but it was to easy to wander around and check out the other great art being worked on. So with Artwatch done now, today I am off to teach the drawing class today at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. It should be a good time with beautiful weather and all. Have a great rest of Sunday and hope you guys enjoy the following pics.

This was the space we were given over the course of ArtWatch. It was a little tight for space, but fun to work with so many creative people.

Here's Janet Working hard on her Fish images


And here is the Final piece. It is a 32" x 40" acrylic painting of the Minnesota State Fair. I really like the energy and excitement that the composition had and found it to be a challenge to get done in the short amount of time given. Overall though, I am please with the effort and look forward to next years event!

7 comments:

Janets Planet said...

Thanks for sticking around at the end and updating us.

Good to see you. So sad that it had to end. :-)

Shawn McCann said...

I know, so sad!!! I had a blast as well and am looking forward to next year. At least we had an explosion of color!

Janets Planet said...

Yeah, maybe they will make a movie about it.

Shawn McCann said...

Yeah, but wouldn't that make it a sad movie?

Cynthia said...

Very cool to spend time at Art Watch and to get to see Janet and other friends!

I like your final piece - the last time I was at the Minnesota State Fair was in 1987! I had never heard of "Fried Cheese Curds" before!

Janets Planet said...

Yeah, sad.

Shawn McCann said...

Hi Cynthia. Seeing Janet and Terry was definitely a good time. It just went way too fast! Maybe one day I will be able to visit the Denver area and stop by your studio as well.