Thursday, July 5, 2007

Getting some paintings started

As most of you know, I am a person who loves the blues. When I recently found out that my sister and her fiance were headed to Memphis for a month, you can imagine how jealous I was. But then I realized that I now had a photographer in my sister to get some new content for some paintings. I know it isn't the same as being there myself, but by painting the images that capture my imagination from her, I can feel like I am there already! So with a large number of photos to look thru, I have come across some that really feel like some of my other work that I had done with Uptown here in Minneapolis and the New York paintings.

Book wise, lately I have been really fascinated by a book that I came across titled "The Unknown Monet: Pastels and Drawings". To get a view into a masters mind before he completed some of his most famous paintings has been a real treat. For me, the process is sometimes more fascinating that the actual completed work. Here is a crayon and scratchwork on Gillot paper entitled "Windmill at Zaandem, 1883". Hope you enjoy and am anxious to start showing you some progress on the paintings of Memphis that I am working on.

PS. I am happy to say that after a short six months with my blog up and running, I have made it over 5000 page views. I know it isn't much, but it is a good start and am anxious to see the progress after a year!

No comments: