Saturday, July 21, 2007

Help!

As most of you know by now, I often will work in a variety of styles and media. This time however, I am reaching out to you guys to help me find a solution to a project that I am working on. The project consists of finding some sort of media that can be used on concrete walkway that will give the effects of a pastel painting and would stand up to the elements here in Minnesota. That includes everything from; foot traffic, rain, snow, snow blowers, salt and all other fun elemental properties. I recently just came across a polymer outdoor paint called FolkArt Outdoor, but am curious if anyone has found a product themselves or has worked with anything. I have a photo that I have attached here to give you an idea of the space. It is the front of a great restaurant that needs to have the same great looking feeling as it does inside. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

5 comments:

Janets Planet said...

The issue is going to be the moisture that creeps up from below. I painted on a parking lot once in Green Bay. There is patio paint. Or look into the paint they use for painting the lines on the road.

Shawn McCann said...

Thanks Janet. I am well aware of that moisture from below. I did talk with Golden and they have quite the process to make sure that is taken care of. It all starts with a healthy dosing of concrete sealer. And their Fluid and Heavy body acrylic lines are specifically formulated to work in an outdoor setting with a few additives. Overall though, it is going to be alot of research to make sure the mural stays in the best shape it can.

Janets Planet said...

Look into One Shot also.

Janets Planet said...

Tradewinds in Green Bay has a "mural" painted on the side using Golden Paint. It has held up very well. Sounds like Golden is the way to go.

Shawn McCann said...

Appreciate the feedback Janet. I will look into One Shot as well. I think though that Golden is looking better and better all the time.