Thursday, January 31, 2008

Self Portrait with a 2B pencil


Click to look at full size image

After a flurry of activity in the studio that produced over 30 illustrations in the last 2 weeks, I have returned to the joys of sketching again. The main reason for the return is a brand new children's book project that the contract was signed earlier in the week. I am anxious to tell you all about it, but will wait a little while until I have something to show along with it. So with that, I have been busily scratching and pushing the pencil around the sketch pad the last few days and wanted to play around with only a 2B pencil. Normally I would compliment the sketch with a variety of soft and hard pencils, but thought I would keep it simple and pick just one. So hope you enjoy a little self portrait scratch!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love your self portrait sketch! There is something really pure in the loose pencil strokes.

Shawn McCann said...

Thanks Cynthia. It was a lot of fun to just let loose and do a quick little sketch. It's not too often that I do one of myself.