Saturday, January 13, 2007

The medium debate


So Saturday has arrived already and finally getting a chance to get some things done. As I started sketching out the painting I am going to be working on, I was torn between what medium to do it in. I don't know how many of you guys have had that same problem, but I find it a common one since I enjoy working in many different mediums. To choose between oil, acrylic, mixed media or even digital is like flipping a coin for me. So while I was debating in my head I drew out this tough decision as if I was young again and trying to pick which car to play with. Its funny where your drawings can lead to if you let your imagination wander. One minute I am drawing a scene of the grand canyon and the next minute I am drawing a boy picking between two toys. Where does it stop? Must be the children's book illustrator in me.

No comments: